Corporate meetings · incentives
Purpose and Overview of Support
- To support organizations attracting, promoting and hosting corporate and incentive meetings which are high value-added MICE events, to improve tourists’ level of satisfaction towards events, to increase repeat tourists and to secure a long-term growth engine for the tourism industry of Busan
- Supported Period
- From January, 2020 ~ The Budget is exhausted
- Corporations and organizations attracting, promoting and hosting Groups from Corporations or Organizations to visit Busan city as a incentive travel that meet the criteria set by BTO.
- How Organizations Are Supported
- The scale of support event-holding organizations receive depends on the scale of their event and the impact of event on the local economy.
- Admission tickets to tourist attractions can be replaced with other items if organizations are unable to give out the tickets due to a scheduling problem.
- Organizations may carry out their meetings or tours via ground operators.
- The maxium amount of support provided for each item shall be calculated using the existing method.
- For paid tourist attractions, BTO’s establishments such as Taejongdae or Busan Tower shall be considered first.
01Program Notice & ApplicationAll-year-round
02EvaluationBased on BT’s internal criteria
03Beneficiary Confirmation & AnnouncementWithin 1 month from receiving applications
04Support & Follow-up EvaluationBy January 2019
05Payment DecidedWithin 1 month after receiving the final report
Eligibility and Criteria
- 01Stages of Support
- Support for Event Attraction, Support for Hosting Event (2 stages), Corporations may receive support once for each stage of support.
- 02Evaluation Criteria
- Support graded by the expected number of participants
- Attracting meetings/trips shall be supported as first priority and hosting meetings/trips second within the set budget.
- If the amount of support previously agreed on is smaller than the limit of support, the former shall be confirmed/notified as the amount of support.
- 03 Exceptions
- Important events and large events with at least 3,000 participants or more shall receive the maximum amount of support with the approval of the president of BTO.
- BTO’s criteria for support from 2017 shall be applied to events that have already been promised a specific amount of support when BTO’s annual support plan has not yet been established.
- Corporations hosting a day of corporate meeting and a day of incentive trip shall receive support on the event that is more relevant to the nature of corporate meeting or incentive trip.
- Support for Hosting Event
개최지원을 구분, 대상, 기준, 지원금액으로 정보 제공 Category Beneficiaries Criteria Corporate incentive travels
- Companies holding incentive programs in Busan or companies and organizations attracting these programs to Busan
- 50 foreign attendees or more
- 2 nights or more
- Companies holding meetings at Busan or, companies and organizations attracting these meetings to Busan
- 1,000 attendees or more
※ 30 foreign attendees or more
- 2 days or more
- Training-oriented organizations such as groups of public officials or students are not eligible for MICE support.
- Max Amount Supported: KRW 30 mil
- Entrance Fee(Tourist Attractions in Busan) & Activities
- Souvenirs and more
- Please check the attached file
- - Rental Fee(Meeting room/Bus)
- - Official Dinner/lunch and more
- Support for Attracting Corporate Meetings
유치지원을 구분, 등급, 평가내용, 지원한도로 정보 제공 Category Grade Areas Evaluated Max Amount of Support Corporate meetings·
A Total Number of Attendees 5,000 10,000 mil B Total Number of Attendees 3,000 ~ 5,000 7,000 mil C Total Number of Attendees 1,000 ~ 3,000 5,000 mil D Total Number of Attendees 500 ~ 1,000 3,000 mil E Total Number of Attendees 300 ~ 500 2,000 mil F Total Number of Attendees 300 1,000 mil
Max Amount Supported: KRW 10 mil
- Corporations must show the logo and website address of BTO on the materials produced for their events.
- Corporations must provide Busan City and BTO opportunities to promote themselves and, actively cooperate with surveys.
- The final event report must be submitted within 20 days after the event has ended. Corporations must notify BTO in writing the reason for a late submission.
- Support fund shall be cancelled or deducted if the result of the event held do not meet the criteria for the support fund.
- When exaggeration of the number of event attendees, duplicate information or fake proofs are found, the corporations concerned may receive disadvantages when applying for the program in the future.
- Corporations must return the support fund in full when changing the event location to a city other than Busan after receiving the fund.
- Corporations may not apply for the Tourist Attraction Incentive Program of BTO’s Tourism Marketing Team in addition to this program.
- Korean ground operators applying for this program on behalf of foreign corporations must submit a signed letter of attorney.